Incline Alternate Dumbbell Curls: Vince Gironda Style for the Cephalic Vein, the Biceps Belly, and the Outer Head of the Biceps
“Here is how Vince recommended performance of this exercise:
• Keep elbows back as far as possible.
• Curl the dumbbell underneath the armpit at all times. (This prevents the elbows from coming forward and engaging the front deltoids.)
• Keep the dumbbells in hammer style position when curling.
• Curl the dumbbell in alternate style. Right first, then left.
• Face the dumbbell you are curling. Like in the photograph. Left side then right side. (If you are right handed, always start with the left arm first. Conversely, if you are left handed start with the right hand)
• Connect the mind to the muscle for greater development. (In other words, CONCENTRATION – Vince Gironda.)
• Perform about 4 sets of 8 reps.
This is my favorite biceps exercise that Vince gave me to bring out my cephalic vein and to develop the lateral aspect of my biceps.
Give it a try, remember, no cheating and always strict form.” – Robert Torres